hello, this is me.

I am way too many things to put into a blog. But i'm gonna try. Get ready for some awesome sauce.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankfulness

Today, I was thinking about Thanksgiving, and how excited I am for all the food. But I realized that I honestly have so many things to be thankful for. Everyone I know has a ton of reasons to be thankful, but it's hard to name them.

So I challenged myself.

I'm going to post something I'm thankful for every day until Thanksgiving (November 24), starting today. It's only twenty. I have way more than that. I think we all do.

This means today is my 'pilot' post! Another awkward first post! yayy!

PS- This list isn't cryptic. There's no order or secret meaning, I'm really not that clever. I'm just thankful.

#1- School

I am so incredibly thankful for my school. It's where I spend the majority of my time, and I honestly wouldn't have in any other way. I realize that I'm really priveleged to be going to a private Christian high school, and it's an incredible experience. This school helped me learn to battle depression, and they even gave me the opportunity to spread awareness about it through a Chapel. I've spoken in Chapel one other time, which is honestly just a good thing to learn how to do. Public speaking is one thing in front of a class of 15 or 20, it's an entirely different thing in front of 650 of your peers. We have completely unique events, like homecoming week (which has basically nothing to do with a dance- gasp!), service projects, a fine arts WEEK this year (which I am SO excited about), and an award-winning theatre program. It makes me kinda sad that I'm realizing everything that's so amazing at this school now that I'll be leaving in less than a year, but I have that time to cherish it, and make the most of it. Without my school, I'm convinced that my life would be completely different, and I am so grateful for the person high school has shaped me into through a community of awesome teachers, peers, and fellow Christians. I honestly don't want to brag- private school ends up with quite the bill after 4 years- but if I'm thankful for anything, it's my school and all of the opportunities it's given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment